Recall multiplication facts of two, three, five and ten and related division facts (ACMNA056)
Students practice and recall multiplication facts of basic time’s tables.
– Have students recall what multiplication is. Discuss how multiplication is repeated addition. Help students develop this by watching the following link.
– Link: Multiplication
Explain to students that each times will result in a pattern which can help us work out the answer.
– Write out 3 times tables on the IWB with students, stop at a particular part, look for a pattern. Ask students what is it? Once developed ask students to continue the table up to 10 x 3.
– Repeat with 5 times tables, and 10 times tables.
– Have the students break up into groups of 4 – 6 and play the board game linked below.
– Link: Multiplication game
– Link: Multiplication Game
– Students practice their multiplications of 2, 3, 5, and 10 using the following worksheet.
– Link: Multiplication Worksheet