Light and sound are produced by a range of sources and can be sensed (ACSSU020) People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their environment and living things (ACSHE022) People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their environment and living things (ACSHE035)
Science knowledge helps people to understand the effect of their actions (ACSHE051)
Students develop understanding of energy and how to save energy.
– Ask students about energy, what gives us energy?
– Sing a song or dance of high energy which will show good instructions on how to use up energy.
– Once complete ask students how they feel? Did you feel this way before we sung or danced?
– Explain energy, what uses it, how we use it? How we need to save it etc.
– Listen to the story ‘The Day Amy saved the World’ and then discuss what she did to save energy.
– Have students look at different energy uses around the home. Have students make a list of different items in the house that use energy. Open up the link below and look at the different items in Amy’s house that uses energy.
– Link: Amy’s Energy saving website. (Click on Amy’s House)
– Watch Eco Maths Clip – http://www.tv4education.com/SmartLibrary/SmartLibraryWeb/TitleView.html?BookID=151132.01
– Have students use the link below to draw different items in their house that uses energy. Talk about ways we can reduce the energy used at home.
– Have students place this into their science books.
– Link: We can Save Energy
‘The Day Amy saved the World’
http://www.amysenergysave.com.au/storybook/index.html#/the-day- amy-helped- save-the- world
Amy’s Energy saving website.
We can Save Energy doc.